This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
London Ryan Hotel
Roy Hattersley, a Bennett enthusiast, unveiled the plaque.
The south bank of the Thames used to be in Surrey, now in Southwark. The first dock created here in 1696 was initially named Howland Great Wet Dock and then Greenland Dock due to the whaling ships ...
Place, Commerce, Transport
From Islington Council:"Four inns are known to have occupied this site, with the earliest dating from 1564. The Peacock has been immortalised both in print and on canvas. In 1823, James Pollard pai...
Building, Commerce, Food & Drink
This toll gate is thought to have stood about where Marble Arch now stands.
Building, Commerce, Property, Transport
Gold refiners and assayers who occupied 53 and 54 Barbican. One of the few buildings in the area to survive the incendiary bombing in December 1940, it was demolished in 1962. In 2009 Yellow Page...
From British History: "...'Pope's Head', mentioned as early as the reign of Edward IV. Here, in the reign of Henry VI., wine was sold at a penny a pint, without charge for bread."
Place, Commerce, Food & Drink