In 1880 a report by a royal commission led to the City of London Parochial Charities Act. This provided that the five largest parishes of London could continue to administer their own charitable endowments. The remaining 107 parishes were to be administered by a new body called the Trustees of the London Parochial Charities. Today it is known as the City Parochial Foundation.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk