Plaque: Chelsea Physic Garden
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
The Chelsea Physic Garden was established by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries of London in 1673 and is the oldest botanic garden, after Oxford, in England. A statue of Sir Hans Sloane, an early benefactor, sculpted by Michael Rysbrach, stands in the centre. In 1899 responsibility for the garden passed to the trustees of the London Parochial Charities.
Site: Chelsea Physic Garden (1 memorial)
SW3, Royal Hospital Road, Swan Walk