Little Compton Street
Place To 1896
From British History: In 1896 the street was renamed to join the street to its west, Old Compton Street. On Flickr we found a page reporting that Rimbaud and Verlaine in 1871 used to frequent a bar, the Hibernia, at 5 Little Compton Street. The building shown on that page is now 5 Old Compton Street.
Note: New Compton Street used to extend to the west and join Little Compton Street. This section of road may have disappeared in 1877 when Charing Cross Road was built over the (presumably narrower) Crown Street.