mobile nav

Subject

Lanesborough House

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Lanesborough House

Building  From 1719  To 1826

Categories: Architecture

Built by James Lane, 2nd Viscount Lanesborough. Converted into a hospital in 1733. Three-storey, red brick simple design. Wings were later added to the structure by architect Isaac Ware. Demolished so that a bigger hospital could be built.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Lanesborough House

Information Commemorated at

50868

St George's Hospital - 1

There is no indication as to who erected the plaque, but the fulsome descript...

Read More

50867

St George's Hospital - 2

St George’s Hospital was established on this site in 1733 in a country home b...

Read More