The first brewer of non-alcoholic beer in the United Kingdom. This photograph was taken in 1900.
From the 1900 "Fulham old and new": "Between Town Mead Road and the river, a little eastwards of Wandsworth Bridge, stands Kops Brewery, which was built by Mr. H. Lowenfeld in 1890, ... It was taken over by its present proprietors in 1893. ... The Brewery is a building of commodious dimensions, occupying, with numerous outbuildings, an area of some eight acres. The various departments of this huge establishment constitute one of the sights of Fulham. It is, perhaps, not generally known that “ Kops” is a merely distinctive name devised on account of the resemblance of its sound to “hops,” one of the chief ingredients in the manufacture of the beverage known as Kops Ale. Although of only comparatively recent introduction, Kops Ale is sent to every part of the world, the sales averaging two million bottles weekly. The proprietors of Kops Brewery employ over 4,000 hands and 1,200 horses in their different yards. During the season there are some 400 hands employed at Fulham."
The brewery closed in WW1 and was converted into a margarine factory in 1917.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk