King George Hospital, HMSO, Stamford Street
Group From 1915 To 1919
From the Survey of London and Ezitis (excellent) we learn that the five storey Cornwall House, built as warehouse for H.M. Stationery Office, was completed in the middle of WW1 and so was used until 1920 as an army hospital, known as King George Hospital. It was then used as government offices until sometime around 2000 when King’s College, London moved in. It is the building on the north-west corner of the Stamford Street / Cornwall Road junction.