A British night-flying heavy bomber built by Handley Page towards the end of WWW1. It was a four-engine biplane, which resembled a larger version of the earlier O/100 and O/400 bombers, and was intended to bomb Berlin from East Anglian airfields.
Owing to pressure of work at Handley Page's Cricklewood factory and to ensure security, the first prototype was constructed by Harland and Wolff at Belfast, Northern Ireland, being assembled at Cricklewood and first flying on 22 May 1918, just 15 days before the crash.
One of the aircraft carried out the first flight from England to India, and was later used for a bombing raid on Kabul during the Third Anglo-Afghan War.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk