Architect. Born Leslie William Green in Maida Vale. In 1903 he was appointed as architect for the Underground Electric Railways Company of London (UERL) to design stations for three underground railway lines which were then under construction. Many of his original stations survive, easily recognised by the distinctive ox-blood red glazed terracotta blocks on the exterior. Died in Mundesley, Norfolk.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk