Gloucester Gate Bridge
Building From 1877
The king gave up part of Regent's Park for this public improvement.
The bridge, designed by William Booth Scott, was once considered one of the finest bridges in London. Bomb damage in 1941 caused the loss of some of the cast bronze gas lamp standards and one of the plaques. More recent damage was caused by a road accident and then one of the plaques was stolen. All this has recently (April 2009) been repaired and reinstated.