George Green School
Building From 1828
Founded by shipbuilder George Green as an infants' school, at the corner of Chrisp Street and East India Dock Road. Further premises were used in Prestons Road. The school outgrew those premises (now demolished) and moved to a new building, the one with the clock and plaques, erected in 1884. The school was taken over by the London County Council in 1910 and in 1968 it became a comprehensive. In 1976 it moved to a new location on Manchester Road, Isle of Dogs.