mobile nav

Memorial

George Green School - Clock George Green School

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Memorial: George Green School - Clock

Erection date: 4/10/1928

Inscription

1828 - 1928

From VADS : "At the ceremony of presentation on Thursday 4 October 1928, the clock was set in motion by Richard H. Green. It was damaged in World War II and in September 1951, a new clock was installed. The original clock was mounted on the tower on the road frontage in 1928 to commemorate the centenary of the foundation of the school (originally in Chrisp Street), fulfilling the original design by Sulman, of the clock tower."

Site: George Green School (3 memorials)

E14, East India Dock Road, 155, National Skills Academy

This 1884 building was designed by Sir John Sulman. The bronze plaque is on the, hidden, east-facing side of the clock tower.

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
George Green School - Clock

Information Subjects commemorated

52390

George Green School

Founded by shipbuilder George GreenĀ as an infants' school, at the corner of C...

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
George Green School - Clock

Information Also at this site

71895

George Green School - 1884

Above this large, plain, plaque there is a small ornate stone with "G.S." on ...

Read More

71888

George Green - school centennial

This clock was presented by members of the association, pupils and other frie...

Read More