mobile nav


Fr. Frank Oakley Rowland

Fr. Frank Oakley Rowland

Person  Male 

Categories: Religion

Fr. Rowland opened a a mission church in 1881 in a small field near a pond just off the Brecknock Road. This later became the church hall - still in use in 2013 (we think this might be the building away from the street that can be seen in satellite view). The congregation grew and so a permanent church was built, the one with the plaque. Rowland was vicar of St Benets and All Saints until he left in 1887, to be replaced by one of his assistant priests, Fr. Herbert Hall. 

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Fr. Frank Oakley Rowland

Information Commemorated at

St Benet and All Saints - building

AMDG stands for “Ad maiorem Dei gloriam”, the Latin motto of the Catholic Jes...

Read More