Fr. Frank Oakley Rowland
Fr. Rowland opened a a mission church in 1881 in a small field near a pond just off the Brecknock Road. This later became the church hall - still in use in 2013 (we think this might be the building away from the street that can be seen in satellite view). The congregation grew and so a permanent church was built, the one with the plaque. Rowland was vicar of St Benets and All Saints until he left in 1887, to be replaced by one of his assistant priests, Fr. Herbert Hall.