mobile nav

Memorial

St Benet and All Saints - building St Benet and All Saints - building

Plaque: St Benet and All Saints - building

Inscription

A. M. D. G.
The original nave of this church was consecrated on All Saints' Eve 1885. Frank Oakley Rowland, Vicar.

This nave and the chapels were built in 1928 by a legacy from Jeannette Elizabeth Crossthwaite and the gifts of the faithful in commemoration whereof this stone from the old nave was blessed and placed by the Bishop of Willesden.
H. H. C. Richardson, Vicar.

AMDG stands for “Ad maiorem Dei gloriam”, the Latin motto of the Catholic Jesuits, meaning "For the greater glory of God". All Saints' Eve is now better known as Halloween, 31 October.

Site: St Benet and All Saints - building (1 memorial)

NW5, Lupton Street, St Benet and All Saints

The church had a history page but it's now, 2014, "New site coming soon".

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
St Benet and All Saints - building

Information Subjects commemorated

50534

Jeannette Elizabeth Crossthwaite

Our colleague Andrew Behan provides the following: Born Addiscombe, Surrey, t...

Read More

50534

H. H. C. Richardson

Fr. Harry Richardson was instituted n 1925 as vicar of St Benet and All Saint...

Read More

50534

Fr. Frank Oakley Rowland

Fr. Rowland opened a  a mission church in 1881 in a small field near a pond j...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
St Benet and All Saints - building

Information Created by

50534

William Perrin, Bishop of Willesden

Bishop of Willesden 1911 - 29.

Read More