Fortune of War pub
Building To 1910
The Golden Boy was originally built into the front of this public-house and remains to mark the site.
The Fortune of War was the chief house of call north of the river for resurrectionists in body-snatching days years ago. The landlord used to show the room where on benches round the wall the bodies were placed, labelled with the snatchers' names, waiting till the surgeons at Saint Bartholomew's could run round and appraise them.