Charity School - Hatton Garden
Building From 1687
Possibly designed by Wren. Built by Lord Hatton following the loss of St Andrews church Holborn in the Great Fire. In 1721 converted to house St Andrew's Parochial School. It was given two entrances, boys and girls, one on each frontage, and a pair of the charity children statues was placed at each door. All 4 were still here in the early 20th century and, with great forethought were taken for safe-keeping during WW2 to Bradfield College, Berkshire. Amongst the buildings gutted in WW2 were, indeed, this chapel and St Andrew's church. As part of the restorations a pair of the children were replaced here and the other pair were erected at the church. The Hatton Garden building is now used as offices.