mobile nav

Subject

Camden Roundhouse

Building  From 1847 

Built to service trains using Euston, London's first railway terminus. It became obsolete by 1855 when locomotives outgrew its turntable. It then became a warehouse for Gilbey's Gin. In the 1960s the left-wing playwright, Arnold Wesker, promoted its conversion into Centre 42, a cutting-edge arts venue. It's had a chequered life since then but remains, 2015, a performing arts venue.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Camden Roundhouse

Information Commemorated at

71723

Roundhouse

The web page given on the plaque plots 900 British transport heritage sites o...

Read More