mobile nav

Subject

Brunel's Engine House

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Brunel's Engine House

Building  From 1825 

Categories: Engineering

The engine house was designed by Marc Brunel to be part of the infrastructure of his Thames tunnel. It held steam-powered pumps used to extract water from the excavations. Since 1961 the building has been used as a museum displaying information on the construction of the tunnel and other projects by the Brunels.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Brunel's Engine House

Information Commemorated at

Brunel's Engine House

Brunel's engine house The tunnel shaft and pumping house for Marc Brunel's tu...

Read More