All Hallows Staining
Building From 1170 To 1870
"Staining" indicates stone-built, as opposed to all the other All Hallows churches in the City which were of wood. All that is left is the tower of the second church on the site, built about 1320. The church survived the Great Fire but collapsed in 1671. It was rebuilt and survived until 1870 when it was demolished (all but the tower) and the parish was joined to St Olave. It was at this time that the crypt from Lamb's chapel was installed under the tower, surely not an easy job.