Building    To 1975

Albany Hall

Categories: Property

Our Picture source dates the image as 1899 and gives the architect as A. J. Perriam. On this 1895 OS map the building is labelled Albany Hall. and on this 1916 OS map "Institute". From Art in the Park: "In 1893, the Club took use of a building known as Albany Hall at 45 Albany Road. The building had previously been used by Reynolds and Bussell, teachers of dancing." Demolished in the 1970s.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Albany Hall

Commemorated ati

North Camberwell Radical Club

The sketches on the plaque show: a plan showing a building (Albany Hall) and ...

Read More

Other Subjects

Mark Gentry

Mark Gentry

Builders active in 1886.

Group, Property

1 memorial
Jonathan Carr

Jonathan Carr

Jonathan Thomas Carr. Founder of Bedford Park, the first garden suburb, in 1875. He lived in the suburb, first at Tower House, since replaced by St Catherine’s Court flats, which he left in 1904 to...

Person, Property

2 memorials
Bucklersbury House

Bucklersbury House

Architect Owen Campbell-Jones. Built in 1958. RIBA hasa good picture of the Hutton panels in situ and provides: "At 15 storeys, Bucklersbury House was the first tall slab to be built following the ...

Building, Property

1 memorial
George Bird and family

George Bird and family

Builders and brick makers in West London. Considering their contribution to many prominent projects (listed on the plaque), it is surprising that there is no information available on them. We firs...

Group, Property

1 memorial
T. Rider and Sons

T. Rider and Sons

Builders active in 1975.

Group, Property

1 memorial