Mosaic monarchs - Elizabeth II,William and Mary, emblem
EC4, New Change, One New Change
One New Change: "The mosaics were originally located within the main entrance lobby of the New Change Building, a home to Bank of England, erected in 1955 and demolished in 2007, which formerly stood on the grounds of One New Change. The designs were not site-specific, but a part of a much greater body of work completed for the Bank."
We met a lady who worked for the Bank of England and moved into One New Change in the 60s. She was told that, given the Cold War fears at the time, the building was constructed so that it could be quickly converted for use as a hospital, with large open floors and large lifts. Even if not true it is interesting that the rumour existed.