County Hall

Site: County Hall (3 memorials)

SE1, Belvedere Road, County Hall

Designed as offices for London government, the building was opened in 1922 by King George V. We think it very likely that these plaques, on the east façade, were erected, and the frieze created, as the GLC moved out in 1986.

The frieze is low on the south façade on Westminster Bridge Road, on either side of the vehicular access to the hotel.

Before moving into these offices London County Hall was in a building between Cockspur Street and Carlton Terrace, on the site now, 2021, occupied by the British Council.

This section lists the memorials located at this site:
County Hall


County Hall - Education

The home of Inner London's Education Service from 1922, ILEA succeeding the ...

Read More

County Hall - frieze

The dates add up because the LCC only moved here in 1922.

Read More

County Hall - London government

The County Hall. the home of London government from 1922 to 1986. LCC 1889 -...

Read More