Plaque: County Hall - London government
The County Hall. the home of London government from 1922 to 1986.
LCC 1889 - 1965
GLC 1965 - 1986
Site: County Hall (2 memorials)
SE1, Belvedere Road, County Hall
Designed as offices for London government the building was opened in 1922 by King George V. We think it very likely that these plaques were erected as the GLC moved out in 1986.
Before moving into these offices London County Hall was in a building between Cockspur Street and Carlton Terrace, on the site now, 2021, occupied by the British Council.