mobile nav

Memorial

Wimbledon Village Improvement 1964 Wimbledon Village Improvement 1964

Plaque: Wimbledon Village Improvement 1964

Erection date: 25/1/1968

Inscription

Wimbledon Village Improvement Scheme 1964
Completed by Wimbledon Village Association with the support of John Evelyn Society, Wimbledon and District Chamber of Commerce, London Electricity Board, Wimbledon Borough Council.
Architects - Alan and Sylvia Blanc F/ARIBA and Gerald Davis ARIBA
Civic Trust Award presented January 25th 1968.

{The symbol to the left reads:}
Civic Trust Award 1967

Site: Wimbledon Village Improvement 1964 (1 memorial)

SW19, Wimbledon High Street, Fire Station

This is Local London news item is useful. The LEB is mentioned on the plaque because at the time they owned the building, the former fire station.

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Wimbledon Village Improvement 1964

Information Subjects commemorated

Show all 6

London Borough of Merton

Formed under the London Government Act 1963, by the merger of the Municipal B...

Read More

Wimbledon Society / John Evelyn Society

Founded by Richardson Evans and others, to 'safeguard the amenities of the Wi...

Read More

Wimbledon Village Association

From This is Local London: "A new Wimbledon Village Association had been a ma...

Read More

Alan Blanc

Alan John Blanc's birth was registered in the 2nd quarter of 1929 in the Edmo...

Read More

Sylvia Blanc

She was born as Sylvia Sara Cole and her birth was registered in the 2nd quar...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Wimbledon Village Improvement 1964

Information Created by

Civic Trust

From the picture source website: " founded in 1957 by Duncan Sandys, a Britis...

Read More