Plaque: Warburton property - lunatic asylum
7 1/2 inches east of this stone the half of a party wall, & 59 feet 4 1/2 inches south belong to J. A. Warburton Esqr.
Site: Warburton property - lunatic asylum (1 memorial)
E2, Roman Road
This 1897 OS map shows that Bethnal House Lunatic Asylum occupied the land between this alley and Bethnal Green Gardens. The Warburton family owned the asylum from 1800 to at least 1850.