Plaque: UCL quad - creation
Erection date: 13/11/1985
This quadrangle of University College London, of which the first stone was laid on 30 April 1827 by HRH the Duke of Sussex was declared to be complete on 13 November 1985 by HM Queen Elizabeth II.
Site: UCL quad (2 memorials)
WC1, Gower Street, University College London
The original UCL, built 1825 - 1832, comprised this quad and its buildings, by the architect William Wilkins (1778 -1839).