Plaque: St Nicholas churchyard extension - south gate
Erection date: 1838
This churchyard was enlarged by an addition of twenty five perches of ground given to the parish by His Grace William Spencer Cavendish, Duke of Devonshire KG, and this boundary wall built thereon … church ….. AD 1838.
The inscription is distressed to the extent that it is partially illegible. We believe it refers to the same gift as that on one of the piers at the north gate.
Site: St Nicholas churchyard extension - south gate (1 memorial)
W4, Chiswick Wharf, St Nicholas Church
See the plaques on the north gate for more information.