Erection date: 15/12/1895
Spanish & Portuguese Jews Congregation
This foundation stone was laid on the 4th day of Hanacah, 28th Kislev 5656, 15th December 1895 by Joseph Sebag Montefiore Esq., JP.
Arthur Lindo Esq - Chairman of the Building Committee
Davis & Emanuel - Architect
S. J. Jerrard & Sons - Builders
This plaque is actually composed of two stones.
Site: Lauderdale Road Synagogue - 3 plaques (3 memorials)
W9, Ashworth Road, Lauderdale Road Synagogue
The war memorial can be seen in our photo. All three plaques are clustered at the corner of the building closest to our camera. The Montefiore foundation stone is also visible, one side of it, in the close-up photograph of the war memorial. We thank Colin Burducea, S&P Community, for generously providing most of our close-up photographs and answering our queries.