Plaque: St Dunstan in the East
Erection date: 21/6/1971
The church of St Dunstan in the East stood on this site from ancient times. Sir Christopher Wren rebuilt the Church after the Great Fire of 1666 and the only part of his design which survives is the tower. The remainder of the church was rebuilt in 1817 and destroyed by enemy action in 1941.
This garden was created by the Corporation of London and opened by the Rt Hon the Lord Mayor Sir Peter Studd Kt MA DSc on 21st June 1971.
Site: St Dunstan in the East (1 memorial)
EC3, St Dunstan's Hill