This tree was planted by gardening colleagues in remembrance of Kevin Davis. 1962 - 1997.
Site: Stepney Green tower (2 memorials)
E1, Stepney Green
From PMSA we learn: This tower was erected in 1913 in Burdett Road. That's now the main road running down the east side of Mile End Park. It's quite a long road and we don't where exactly the tower was, but in 1934 it was moved to its present location for reasons of road safety (for which read "widening"). The entire job was achieved in a single night, 28 January 1934. The tower was restored in 1994.