Tree: Pandit Nehru tree
Erection date: 13/6/1953
Tavistock Square Gardens
This copper beech tree was presented by Pandit Nehru on his visit to these gardens on 13th June 1953 in connection with the donation by the St. Pancras Borough Council of a site for the erection of a statue to Mahatma Gandhi.
This plaque was recommissioned and unveiled by H.E. Dr. L.M. Singhvi, High Commissioner for India on 30th January 1997.
Site: Pandit Nehru tree (1 memorial)
WC1, Tavistock Square Gardens