mobile nav

Memorial

Hobsons Place / Pelham Place Hobsons Place / Pelham Place

Plaque: Hobsons Place / Pelham Place

Inscription

Hobsons Place
This block was built in 1966 by the Greater London Council and was named after Hobson's Place, which was one of the streets the estate was built over; which had previously been called Pelham Place.

Site: Hobsons Place / Pelham Place (1 memorial)

E1, Hanbury Street

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Hobsons Place / Pelham Place

Information Subjects commemorated

46340

Greater London Council

The GLC was abolished, some say, because Mrs Thatcher could not abide its lef...

Read More

50535

Pelham / Hobson's Place

Our map of 1837 shows a street called Pelham Street. Possibly this became Pel...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Hobsons Place / Pelham Place

Information Created by

47684

Tower Hamlets Council

The name was originally applied to the Tower division of the county of Middle...

Read More