Plaque: Girdlers' Hall
Girdlers Hall, first built on this site in 1431, was destroyed by the Great Fire in 1666 and again by enemy action in 1940.
This stone was laid on the 9th of May 1960 by
- Malcolm Henry Sherrard, Master,
- Chairman of Hall Committee, Lionel Vincent Straker, C.C.
- Wardens Edward Calcott Pryce, Robert Owen Sherrard, Charles Edmund Sugden
- Clerk, John Rutherford
Waterhouse & Ripley - Chartered Architects
Dove Brothers - Builders
Edward B Fleming - Chartered Surveyor
Site: Girdlers' Hall (1 memorial)
EC2, Basinghall Avenue
The current building, 1961, was designed by C Ripley.