Frederick Bremer, 1872 - 1941. Between 1892 - 1894 in a small workshop in the garden of this house, Fred Bremer and Tom Bates constructed the first British car powered by an internal combustion engine. In 1931 he donated it to Vestry House Museum where it can still be seen today.
Waltham Forest Heritage
Site: Frederick Bremer (1 memorial)
E17, Connaught Road, 1
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of plaquesoflondon.co.uk