mobile nav

Memorial

C. A. Robinson Foundation Stone - relaid Anchor Iron Wharf

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Plaque: C. A. Robinson Foundation Stone - relaid

Erection date: 5/12/2003

Inscription

This foundation stone was originally laid at the site of C. A. Robinson & Co, a metal recycling yard.
The stone was re-laid by Berkeley Homes and unveiled by Mrs Winifred Robinson on 5th December 2003 at 11:00am.

It's rare for a plaque to specify the time at which it was unveiled - we count ourselves fortunate if we get the year.

Site: Anchor Iron Wharf (4 memorials)

SE10, Ballast Quay, By 4 - 6

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
C. A. Robinson Foundation Stone - relaid

Information Subjects commemorated

C. A. Robinson & Co

Scrap metal dealers in Greenwich, founded by Charles Robinson.  In 1953 lease...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
C. A. Robinson Foundation Stone - relaid

Information Created by

Winifred Robinson

Presumably a descendent of Charles Robinson.  

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
C. A. Robinson Foundation Stone - relaid

Information Also at this site

Anchor Iron Wharf - history

{On the base of the monument:} Anchor Iron Wharf In 964 King Edgar granted th...

Read More

C. A. Robinson Foundation Stone

C. A. Robinson & Co. This stone was laid by C. A. Robinson Esq. A. C. Rob...

Read More

Gordon of Greenwich

Gordon of Greenwich loved here. ***** English Hedonists Mad in England

Read More