Memorial: Barbican frieze
Erection date: 1975
This frieze was removed from numbers 53 and 54 Barbican when it was demolished in 1962 and re-erected by the Corporation of London in 1975. Numbers 53 and 54 Barbican were the premises of W. Bryer & Sons, gold refiners and assayers whose trade is depicted in the frieze. The building was one of the few which survived when the area was largely destroyed by incendiary bombs in December 1940.
Site: Barbican frieze (1 memorial)
EC1, Aldersgate Street
The facade facing the road carries "Barbican" and a castle logo.
A London Inheritance looks at the history of this Street.