Place From 1/10/1860
The London Brighton and South Coast Railway opened their side of the station in 1860. Another part of the station, The London Chatham and Dover Railway (later South East and Chatham Railway, or SECR) was opened on 25 August 1862.
The 1860 building was replaced in 1906 with the one in our picture. This has some lovely tiled maps in two of the entrance passageways.