Trinity School of John Whitgift
Building From 1596
Part of the Whitgift Foundation, founded by John Whitgift. Formerly known as the Whitgift Middle School, it was renamed in 1954, reflecting the school's increasing equality with Whitgift School. It was a direct grant grammar school from 1945 until 1968, when it left the scheme but continued to take LEA-funded pupils until the late 1970s.