Founded as the Church Choral Society by the Reverend Henry George Bonavia Hunt. with the intention of improving the teaching of church music. In 1873 it became the College of Church Music, and then Trinity College London in 1876.
It was originally located in central London, and in 1881 moved to Mandeville Place, W1, the buildings now used by the School of Philosophy and Economic Science. Moved to its present Greenwich home in 2001. In 2005 it merged with the Laban Dance Centre and was renamed the Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Dance and Music.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk