The Walkers of Southgate
Cricketing brothers. John (1826-1885), Alfred (1827-1870), Frederic (1829-1889), Arthur Henry (1833-1878), Vyell Edward (1837-1906), Russell Donnithorne (1842-1922) and Isaac Donnithorne (1844-1898) lived at Arnos Grove House in Southgate. Their family fortune was built through the brewing company of Taylor Walker, and they became keen cricketers while at Harrow School and Trinity College, Cambridge. They founded the Southgate Cricket Club in 1855, a Middlesex team in 1859, the official Middlesex County Cricket Club in 1864, and were instrumental in establishing the home of the county at Lords in 1877. Our picture is of Russell Donnithorne.
Note how the names got more exotic, as the family grew.