Building To 1894
In the mid-eighteenth century, The Limes was one of the largest houses in Lewisham High Street. and was frequently visited by John Wesley, when it was occupied by the Sparrow family, and later Wesley's financial advisor, Ebenezer Blackwell. It was demolished in 1894, and St Saviour's Roman Catholic Church was built on the site. The nearby street, 'Limes Grove', perpetuates the name.
Information and image from Ideal Homes.