mobile nav

Subject

Tallow Chandlers Hall

Building  From 1476 

In 1476 the Tallow Chandlers bought what was probably a merchant’s house on Dowgate Hill and used that as their Hall.  The Hall was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666 and rebuilt 1671-3. Damaged in WW2 but survived. Our picture shows the inner court in 1852.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Tallow Chandlers Hall

Information Commemorated at

Tallow Chandlers Hall

Tallow Chandlers Hall The Company has occupied this site since 1476. 

Read More