St Vincent's Boys' Home
Group From 1859 To 1912
St Vincent’s Home for Destitute Boys was established in 1859 at what is now Shepherd’s Bush Road, Hammersmith. It was managed by some members of the St Vincent de Paul Society. Accepted Roman Catholic boys, initially 20, rising to 40.
In the early 1860s moved to larger premises at 49 Queen Street, now Queen Caroline Street. Moved again (some time around 1871-6, but it’s not clear) to North End Road Fulham. 1876 moved again to 337-339 Harrow Road, later extending to 333-339. Closed in 1912.
The Sisters of the Misericorde occupied the Hammersmith building 1868 - 1964, rebuilding in 1913. Since 1968 it has been a care home and was again rebuilt in 2006. An 1895 map shows this building with its large back garden. The current Google Satellite view shows the modern roof of the building on Queen Caroline Street also covering all this ex-garden.
Much of this information comes from Children's Homes.