mobile nav

Memorial

St Vincent's - blue plaque St Vincent's

Plaque: St Vincent's - blue plaque

Erection date: 2008

Inscription

St Vincent's takes its name from the Brothers of St Vincent de Paul who ran a boys' orphanage in an old house on this site in the 1860s. The Sisters of the Misericorde of Seez lived here from 1868 to 1964 and rebuilt the house in 1913. Since 1968 St Vincent's has been a care home. It was again rebuilt in 2006.
Hammersmith and Fulham Historic Buildings Group - 2008

Site: St Vincent's (2 memorials)

W6, Queen Caroline Street

March 2018 this care home was run by Care UK. Both plaques are visible in our photo, on the wall that you can see between the two gate piers.

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
St Vincent's - blue plaque

Information Subjects commemorated

St Vincent's Boys' Home

St Vincent’s Home for Destitute Boys was established in 1859 at what is now S...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
St Vincent's - blue plaque

Information Created by

Hammersmith and Fulham Historic Buildings Group

Founded to focus attention on the historic environment of the borough and to ...

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
St Vincent's - blue plaque

Information Also at this site

St Vincent's - stone plaque

In the 1930s, the date of the plaque, this building was occupied, 1868 - 1964...

Read More