mobile nav

Subject

St Marylebone Almshouses

Building 

Categories: Property, Social Welfare

Funded from Count Woronzow's will. Built in 1836 and then re-built on the same site in 1965. Occupy the west corner at the junction of St John’s Wood Terrace and Woronzow Road. Lots more info at Tales from St John's Wood. Our picture shows the boardroom in the original Gothic-style building.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Marylebone Almshouses

Information Commemorated at

52159

Count Simon Woronzow

{Either side of the relief bust:} 1744 – 1832 This road was named after Count...

Read More