St Martin's Theatre
Group From 1916
Designed by Sprague, this theatre is one of a pair (the other being the Ambassadors next door) commissioned by Richard Verney Lord Willoughby de Broke, an aristocrat and politician with an interest in theatre, whose descendants still (part-)own the theatre. The design includes an owner's box with a retiring room behind, accessible direct from the street. The Mousetrap moved from the Ambassadors into St Martins in 1974 and (2015) has not moved since.