mobile nav

Subject

St Margaret Pattens

Building  From 1067 

Categories: Religion

The church gets its name from the pattens (clog-like shoes) made and sold in the lane beside the church. An early building was pulled down and reconstructed in 1538. After the Great Fire it was again rebuilt, by Wren 1686 - 1688. Damaged during WW2 it was restored in 1955-56.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Margaret Pattens

Information Commemorated at

49967

St Gabriel Fen churchyard

The modern information board above adds nothing of historical interest.

Read More

49951

St Margaret Pattens

St Margaret Pattens, founded 1067, rebuilt by Wren 1686 - 1688.

Read More