Building    From 1446 

St Dunstan's College

Categories: Education

In 1466 the school attached to the church of St Dunstan in the East was one of the five recognised grammar schools in the City of London. In 1888 this boys independent school was moved out to Catford on lands owned by St Dunstan's church and founded as St Dunstan's College.

Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Dunstan's College

Commemorated ati

St Dunstans College

{In the spiral:} In 1466 the school attached to the church of St Dunstan in t...

Read More

Other Subjects

Sir John Kirk

Sir John Kirk

J.P., Christian philanthropist, the children's friend.  Not to be confused with Sir John Kirk (1832-1922), the African explorer.  Sir John's great great grandson, Peter Mitchell, contacted us to sa...

Person, Children, Education, Philanthropy

1 memorial
Chiswick National School

Chiswick National School

Much of the following information comes from the very helpful Gill Clegg's Chiswick History page. 1707 a charity school was founded at St Nicholas church near the river. It expanded until in 1813 ...

Group, Education

1 memorial
John Sparkes

John Sparkes

Principal of the Lambeth School of Arts 1858 - 1900. Born as John Charles Lewis Sparkes in Brixton. Began teaching at Lambeth in 1857. Cultivated a special relationship between the school and Doult...

Person, Art, Education, Politics & Administration

1 memorial
South Hackney Parochial Charities

South Hackney Parochial Charities

South Hackney Parochial Charity was constituted under a trust deed dated 6th November 1900 as varied by the Charity Commission Scheme dated 27th September 1968. The charity’s main objective is the ...

Group, Benefactor, Education, Social Welfare

1 memorial
Manor House School

Manor House School

The school buildings are still there, on the North Side between Wix's Lane and Taybridge Road.  The building dates back to 1792 when it was Byrom House.  Sold in 1841, it became The Beeches.  1876 ...

Group, Education

1 memorial

Previously viewed

W. S. Fraser

W. S. Fraser

RFA Fort Grange, London

Person

War dead, Other war
1 memorial