Group From 15/3/1909
Department store created by Harry Selfridge. The flagship store opened on 15 March 1909. In 1951 it was acquired by Lewis's and then in 1965 by the Sears Group. In 2003 the chain was acquired by Galen Weston for nearly £600 million. It was sold jointly to a Thai retailer and an Austrian property firm for around £4 billion in 2021.